To be eligible for the discount, the following is required:
- Applicant must be 62 or older at the time of application.
Please note: There are no retroactive discounts.
- Applicant must be a current resident of Wheeling, residing in a single family home or townhome with curbside collection.
Please note residents in multifamily or condominiums are not eligible for the discount.
- Applicant must have an active WM account listed in their name for the address they are submitting.
- Applicant must be current with their WM bill (for example, no outstanding or past due balances).
- Complete and sign an Application for Senior Discount.
- Provide proof of age. A copy of Applicant’s valid driver license, or state issued identification card, with current address must be attached with the application.
- Provide a copy of the current WM bill that indicates the Applicant’s name as the account holder and address as an attachment with the application.
- If the Applicant belongs to a homeowner association and does not receive a WM bill directly to their address, please state the homeowner association (not property management company) on the application.
- Return completed, signed application and supporting documents to one of the locations on the application.
Applicants will not be notified once applications are received. It may take 3-6 months from the date the application is approved from the Village and WM for the discount to be reflected on a bill. To determine if you are already receiving the discount for single family residents, please review your WM bill; under the description portion, it should indicate “Discount (sr)”, or contact WM directly at 1-800-796-9696. If a resident pays their bill through a homeowner association, please contact the association directly.
One discount per household. If a resident is already receiving the discount, no need to re-apply
Please click here for an application.