Senior Discount Requirements and Application
Seniors citizens 62 years or older may be eligible for a 25% discount on their standard curbside solid waste (garbage, recycling, yard waste) charges. Discounts are applied directly through Waste Management.
To be eligible for the discount, the following is required:
- Applicant must be 62 or older at the time of application. Please note there are no retroactive discounts.
- Applicant must be a current resident of Wheeling, residing in as single family home or townhome.
Please note residents in multifamily or condominiums are not eligible for the discount.
- Applicant must have an active Waste Management account listed in their name for the address they are submitting with an occupancy of not more than two (2) persons, including the Applicant, and who are seniors.
- Applicant must be current with their Waste Management bill (for example, no outstanding or past due balances).
- Complete and sign an application for Senior Discount.
- Provide proof of age. A copy of Applicant's valid driver license or state issued identification card with current address must be attached with the application.
- Provide a copy of the current Waste Management bill that indicates the Applicant's name as the account holder and address.If the Applicant belongs to
a homeowner association and does not receive a Waste Management bill directly to their address, please state the homeowner association (not property management) on the application.
- Return completed application and supporting documents to:
Department of Public Works Village Hall, Finance Department
77 W. Hintz Road 2 Community Boulevard
Wheeling, Illinois 60090 Wheeling, Illinois 60090
The Applicant will not be notified if their application is approved. The discount should be reflected within 3 months from the date of approval, not date of submittal. Please contact Waste Management directly at 800.796.9696 to confirm your discount. Applicants do not need to re-apply once receiving the discount. One discount per household/address.
Please click here for an application.