Common Permits

The following is a list of commonly needed building permits which are issued by the Community Development Department:
  • Alarm System (Low Voltage Electrical Permit needed)
  • Central Air Conditioner (new or replacement unit)
  • Concrete Stoop (new or replacement)
  • Driveways (concrete/pave brick/asphalt)
  • Electrical Work (call if permit is required)
  • Fence/Dog Run
  • Fireplace (masonry, prefab and ventless)
  • Floodplain Permits
  • Furnace (new or replacement unit)
  • Garage (new or replacement)
  • Gazebo
  • House Addition or Remodeling
  • Lawn Sprinkler System
  • Patios (new or replacement)
  • Plumbing Work (call if permit is required)
  • Residential or Commercial Sewer and Water Repair
  • Right-of-Way (Utility) Permits
  • Roofing
  • Satellite Dish (Low Voltage Electric Permit is required)
  • Screened Porch/3 Season Room/Porch Enclosures
  • Shed
  • Sidewalks (stone/paver brick/concrete
  • Siding
  • Site Alteration Permits
  • Soil Boring/Monitoring Wells
  • Swimming Pool/Spa/Hot Tub
  • Water Heater Installation (new or replacement unit)
  • Window or Door Replacement (if opening size will change)
  • Wood Deck

More Information

If you have any questions on these permits or other items not listed, please call the Community Development Department at 847-459-2620.
Our hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Current adopted Village Codes with Amendments can be found at our Municode webpage.