Services > Fire
Warm Weather Safety
Electrical Power Outage Information
TO REVIEW THE WARM WEATHER SAFETY INFORMATION.
Excessive high heat and humidity can cause
Heat Exhaustion, Heat Cramps, or Heat Stroke. Infants and children under
4 and adults over 65 are more sensitive to high heat and humidity.
If heat becomes unbearable, relocate to an air conditioned place such
as shopping mall or movie theater, friends or family home, Pavilion
Senior Center, Park District Center, Motel or Hotel.
Additional safety information is listed below:
- drink lots of water or natural fruit
juices, avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
- minimize outdoor physical activities until evening hours
- avoid direct exposure to the sun and wear sun screen and a hat
- persons with serious health conditions should remain in an air
- wear loose, light
colored cotton clothing
- if no air
conditioning is available keep windows open, use fans to circulate air,
sleep on lowest level
- close shades and
blinds on the side of the house facing the sun
- avoid using heat producing appliances
Check on family,
neighbors, and friends - offer them shelter if necessary.
leave children and pets unattended in a vehicle.
Only Call 9-1-1 for actual Fire and Police emergencies.