Blood Marrow Donation

Every year more than 30,000 people from all races, ethnic backgrounds and socio-economic backgrounds are diagnosed with life-threatening blood diseases, such as leukemia, lymphoma and inherited diseases. Many can be cured with a marrow or blood stem cell transplant, but they need matching donors. Around 30 percent will find a matching donor within their family. The remaining 70 percent will need to search for an unrelated donor. People can wait years to find a match. Unfortunately, some die before a match is found.

Bone Marrow Registry


It’s easy to join the Bone Marrow Registry. Simply come to the drive, fill out a registration form with contact information, answer health history questions, and sign the agreement to join the Registry. A swab is taken from inside your cheek so your tissue can be tested. Your tissue type is then added to the registry. If you match a patient, you will receive a physical exam and will be determined if you need to donate marrow or blood cells.

Schedule an Appointment


To schedule an appointment to give blood or register for the Bone Marrow Donor Program, please email Beverly or call her at 847-499-9045.