A pre-submittal consultation with the Planning staff is required for all applications. Please call the Planning Division at 847-459-2620 or by email to discuss the application or schedule a meeting with Staff.
Submit Your Application
You may submit your applications in person, or upload them using our Online Service.
Applications & Requirements
The application submittal requirements depend on the type of project. A complete application will typically include 2 - 4 of the following:
- A-1 - Basic Application (PDF). Cover Sheet, Project Description Letter, Owner’s Authorization (required for all).
- A-2 Plans (PDF). See checklist on application for full requirements. Required for most applications: signs, new buildings, additions, building appearance modifications, landscaping changes, or parking lot changes. May include additional materials, such as a plat of survey, engineering plans, environmental reports, material samples, etc.
- A-3 Special Use Standards (PDF). Written responses that explain how the land use will be appropriate in the specific location. Required for any special use review (restaurants, day cares, schools, athletic training facilities, outdoor storage areas, etc.). Note that a Public Hearing is required; see Application PH (PDF).
- A-4 Zoning Variation Standards (PDF). Written responses that explain how the variation is needed and that, if granted, the variation will not cause negative impacts on other properties. Prior to submittal, consult with Staff to determine whether an Administrative Variation is possible. Required for zoning variations (setbacks, building heights, parking requirements, lot size regulations, etc.). Note that a Public Hearing is required; see Application PH (PDF).
- A-5 Rezoning and Zoning Code Text Amendments (PDF). Additional materials required for an application that includes a rezoning or zoning code text amendment. Note that a Public Hearing is required; see Application PH (PDF).
- A-6 Planned Unit Developments (PDF). The PUD process requires a multi-stage review that incorporates other application types. Please consult with Village staff before completing any materials associated with the PUD process. Note that a Public Hearing is required; see Application PH (PDF).
- A-7 - Signage (PDF). Required for permanent signs.
- A-8 Sign Variation (PDF). Required for any sign that does not conform to the requirements of the Sign Code. Note that a Public Hearing is required; see Application PH (PDF).
- A-9 - Subdivisions (PDF). Required for all subdivisions, consolidations, and resubdivisions. Prior to submittal, consult with Staff to determine whether an Administrative Subdivision is possible.
- PH - Public Hearing Application (PDF). Required for all requests that involve a public hearing. Includes proof of ownership, proof of paid taxes, and materials relating to the public notice requirements.
- CR - Concept Review Request Application (PDF).