Interior Remodeling Involving Structural Changes
- Residential remodeling projects will require 3 sets of prints with all Architectural, Structural, Heating, Plumbing and Electrical information included in the plans along with an executed building permit application.
- Industrial/Commercial remodeling projects will require 4 sets of prints with all Architectural, Structural, Heating, Plumbing, Electrical and Sprinkler information included in the plans along with an executed building permit application.
Interior Remodeling With No Structural Changes
Residential and Industrial/Commercial projects will require 3 drawings showing all changes to heating, plumbing, electrical, sprinkler etc. Drawings must show all room dimensions and a floor plan showing location of new space in relation to existing space as well as the location of all:
- Hardware for doors
- HVAC supply and return air
- Light switches
- Types of glass used in office spaces
Construction project permits will be processed in the order accepted by the department. Duration of review will depend on the number of permit applications being processed and the completeness and quality of the documents submitted.
Before the Application Is Accepted
- We will require complete subcontractor information listed on the application.
- A verification of work form must be completed by the plumber and/or electrician.
- A copy of the electrician's license and a $10,000 bond is required.
- A copy of the plumber's State of Illinois Department of Public Health License is also required.
Affidavit for Building Permit Form
If the permit application is signed by any one other than the property owner in fee, the Affidavit for Building Permit Form (PDF) must be completed.