Securing a Building Permit
In order to secure a permit to construct, documents must be submitted prior to commencement of the construction project review. Documents required are based on the project:
Civil Engineering Drawings
Civil engineering drawings are required and must be directly submitted to Community Development. Please contact Community Development at 847-459-2620 to find out his requirements for drawing and M.W.R.D.G.C. form submittals.
Sets of Prints
Every sheet, both building and engineering, shall have a reproducible seal of the appropriate professional. All sets of prints must be bound; loose submittals will not be accepted.
- Emergency and/or night lights
- Exit signs
- Light outlets
- Number of circuits
- Phase of circuits and location of all switches
- Size and location of service
- Fire Alarms - 3 sets of shop drawings for new or existing buildings need to be submitted to the Fire Department along with a completed building permit.
- The fire ratings (include design number of recognized testing agency) for all walls, floors and rated assemblies shall be shown on the architectural plans.
- Heating, ventilating, air conditioning, exhaust systems, unit heaters and RTU locations.
- Plumbing - Isometric
- Number of fixtures
- Size of waste vent and water piping, including exterior service
- Type of material
- Sprinklers - 5 sets of shop drawings for new buildings or 3 sets for existing buildings need to be submitted to the Fire Department along with a completed building permit