The Village of Wheeling is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free work environment.
Firefighter/Paramedic Entry Level Testing Process - June 22, 2019 @ 09:00 AM
(MABAS Readiness Center, 233 W. Hintz Road, Wheeling, IL)
- Applications can only be obtained at: https://iosolutions.com/product/wheeling-il-firefighter-job-application/
- Application Deadline: May 23, 2019 @ 04:00 pm.
- Process is being handled completely by IOS Recruitment. Applications are not available at the Village Hall, the Fire Department, or MABAS Readiness Center. Registration is completely handled on-line.
- No walk-ins (i.e. not pre-registered) or registrants arriving late will be admitted to the examination.
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Maximum age: 34 (as of the date of written examination per State Statute).
- Minimum age: 21 (as of the date of written examination).
- Physically capable of performing the duties of a Firefighter/Paramedic.
- Preference points are available to qualified candidates.
- Proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT).
- United States Citizen (native-born or naturalized at time of appointment).
As vacancies occur, candidates are drawn from the eligibility list for:
- Medical Examination (Includes Drug Abuse Testing).
- Oral Examination (Formal Interview with the Board of Fire & Police Commissioners).
- Polygraph Examination;
- Psychological Examination.
- Criminal Background Check.
- Driving Record Check.
All questions should be referred to the Wheeling Fire Department at 847-459-2662 during regular business hours.