Board of Trustees
- 6:30 p.m.
- The 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month.
- Regular meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. Effective June 5, 2017, the Committee of the Whole of the President and Board of Trustees of the Village of Wheeling (the “Village”), will no longer regularly meet on the fourth Monday of the month but may meet on the fourth Monday of a given month, as needed and as determined by the Village Board and/or Village Manager. The dates of the regular meetings of the Village President and Board of Trustees shall continue to take place on the first and third Monday of each month. Board meetings are held in the Village Hall building located at 2 Community Boulevard (Board Room on the 2nd floor), located just west of the Police Station. Please check the agenda for more information.
- Meetings can be viewed live on a desktop computer, Live Broadcast page. Previous televised meetings are available on our YouTube channel. , Android devices and or on our
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Wheeling Board of Trustees is the legislative branch of Village Government which creates all Village policy administered by the Village Manager. The Board of Trustees, along with the Village President, serve as the corporate authorities. Three Trustees are elected by the citizens of Wheeling every two years for four year terms. Board members’ terms commence on the first Monday in May following their election.
As corporate authorities, the Board of Trustees possesses and exercises all legislative powers of the Village, determining the policies of the Village government through the adoption or approval of ordinances, resolutions, motions, approval of agreements, appropriations and fiscal budgets. The corporate authorities appoint, direct and, if necessary, remove the Village Manager. The corporate authorities control the administrative function of the Village through the Village Manager and require effective administrative action at all times. Appointments to advisory Boards and Commissions are made by the Village President with the advice and consent of the Board of Trustees. Additionally the Board of Trustees exercises responsible leadership by:
- Critically examining and regularly reviewing Village policies, programs, and operations
- Assuming the role of community opinion leaders
- Generating public support for Village programs and services